A well-presented property, is a desired property. To obtain the highest possible rent and to secure a suitable tenant, we recommend that your property is well presented. Tenants will take care of your property if the first impressions of the property is clean and tidy.
Items to tick off prior to leasing your property
- If you have been living in the property, ensure that you arrange disconnection of the utilities and a final reading. Also redirect your mail.
- Have all the appliance serviced prior to the commencement of a tenancy to avoid issues throughout the tenancy.
- If it is a brand new property: Antenna & TV points, phone lines, landscaping, fencing, clothesline, garage remotes, main boxes, window furnishing, town rails and toilet holders are cleaned thoroughly.
- Ensure the property is fitted with working smoke detectors in accordance with the legislation.
- Clean exhaust fans and range hoods
- Clean all windows, window finishing and check that it is all in working order
- Check that the following is working: Windows, window finishing’s, sliding doors, taps and all globes are working.
- Fix any dripping taps, broken light switches are working.
- Ensure hot plates, oven, grill, shower screen(s) and wet areas are clean
- Ensure the property has been thoroughly cleaned and dusted throughout
- Carpets are professionally steam cleaned
- Cutters and downpipes are cleaned
- Lawns and garden beds are neat
- Rubbish is removed from the property